How Africa organises its fight against diabetes
Diabetes is a silent killer in Africa, and fatality is rising. While international financing is more oriented towards transmitted diseases, some local actors are exploring telemedicine and health at work as possible measures.
- €13,460 Budget in Euros
- 2018 Final release date
- 1 Round winner
- 1 Location
- 4 Durations in months
Diabetes is a silent killer in Africa, and fatality is rising. Through lack of information, screening and even medicine, patients die quickly. While international financing is more oriented towards transmitted diseases, some local actors are taking initiative. Telemedicine and health at work could be efficient measures.
Click on any photo to view the image gallery lightbox at fullscreen.
- In Ivory Coast diabetes is a silent killer
- Diabetes: a major cause of amputation
- Ivory Coat - the diabetes plague
Facebook page project
- African children, the first victims of diabetes
- Diabetes, a time bomb for Africa